Updated March 19, 2020
We want to bring you an update about the current economic recovery proposals being pushed by the hotel industry with Congress to address the effect of the COVID-19 coronavirus on the viability of business moving forward.
下面的摘要说明了联邦一级的建议, which are evolving by the hour to address the draconian challenges we are all facing as business operators.
知道减税的必要性是很重要的, government grants, and other payment forbearance options are being explored at every level including city, county, and state government.
Employee Relief via paid sick leave, paid leave, and expanded unemployment insurance coverage
国会今天刚刚通过了《云顶游戏最新》, 我们预计特朗普总统很快就会签署. THLA is still analyzing the bill, but here are some basics, as provided by this Fisher Phillips article:
- The FMLA has been temporarily expended to all employers with fewer than 500 employees.
- 雇员可以有长达12周的受保护工作假期 在孩子的学校关闭时照顾他们.
- The first 10 days of an employee’s FMLA leave may be unpaid (or the employee may take accrued paid leave like a vacation or sick time). After those 10 days, the employer must pay full-time employees at 2/3 of the employee’s regular rate of pay. 这一限额为每天200美元，每位员工的总收入为1万美元.
- Non-full time employees are entitled to be paid based on the average number of hours the employee worked for the six months prior to taking FMLA.
- 雇员超过25人的雇主 will have the same obligation as under traditional FMLA to return any employee who has taken Emergency FMLA to the same or equivalent position upon the return to work.
- Emergency paid sick leave.
- Employees will eligible for paid sick leave if the employee is subject to a quarantine or isolation order, showing symptoms, caring for an individual, 或者在孩子的学校关闭时照顾孩子.
- Employers with fewer than 500 employees must provide full-time employees with 80 hours of paid sick leave, 按照雇员的正常工资, or two-thirds the employee’s regular rate of pay–depending on the reason for the leave. 带薪病假工资每天511元，最多5元,每个员工总共110美元，供自己使用，每天200美元，最多2美元,照顾他人及任何其他实质上类似的情况.
- Employers will get some tax credits to help cover some parts of paid sick leave and FMLA leave.
Emergency SBA Bridge Loans
3月20日更新:整个德克萨斯州现在都在小企业管理局的名单上. Apply here.
March 19 update: The SBA is currently experiencing a problem processing applications for Texas. 我们将张贴更新，当有一个决议.
3月18日更新:德州灾难贷款援助已获批准. Apply here.
为了让德州的企业有资格申请紧急救助, low-interest bridge loans from the SBA to help you pay immediate costs such as your mortgage and payroll, a business from each of Texas’s 254 counties needs to show the SBA it has been negatively affected by the COVID-19 coronavirus. This has been done, and Governor Abbott sent the letter requesting access to loans on March 17. We’re waiting for SBA to approve the process so Texas businesses can start applying for aid.
Allow Corporations Experiencing 与冠状病毒相关的财务困境，以推迟纳税责任
- 这项提议将允许企业 推迟缴纳2020年联邦税收的一部分 following five tax years. The percentage of deferrable tax would be based on the percentage that the business’ gross income declined in 2020 compared to 2019, multiplied by two—but not to exceed 100% (e.g.; 50% decline in gross income results in a deferral of 100% of 2020 federal tax liability).
- 因取消而延期缴纳的税款 of Debt income was provided in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis to assist 遭遇财务困境的企业. 虽然冠状病毒带来了类似的财务困境，但它没有 预计COD收入将像2008年一样普遍 金融危机，因此提出了一个替代公式.
允许五年的carry back 净营业损失(NOL)扣除
重新授权“不反对”将有助于企业减轻负担 the harm of declining revenue. In the wake of 9/11 and the 2008 financial crisis, Congress temporarily extended the 不回票扣减期由二至五年.
- carryback会暂时允许 纳税人收回过去5年的净经营亏损. A business 当其应税收入为负时，产生净经营亏损(NOL). The year 出现不反对通知书的年份称为“亏损年”.” 企业在亏损年度没有纳税义务.
- 在2018年之前，企业可以带回一个 NOL to obtain a refund for taxes paid in the prior 2 years of the loss or carry 它提前了20年来减少未来的税收. 2017年的税收法案取消了 纳税人可以将不反对通知书带回去，同时允许将不反对通知书结转到远期 indefinitely.
Delay the Deadline for Estimated 季度联邦税收支付和申报
由于企业经历了金融波动 coronavirus, the current quarterly payment schedule may make it difficult for 他们管理现金流以满足运营需求.
- 这项计划将推迟联邦政府4月15日的纳税 为企业申请两个月的到期日期.
- 在过去，国税局推迟了付款和申报期限 businesses affected by major disasters—including in response to Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
Provide an Employee Retention Credit
员工留用信用将有助于旅游相关业务 keep employees on the payroll. 类似的救济在 飓风哈维和厄玛之后.
- The credit would provide a temporary business tax credit worth 40 percent of wages (up to $6,000 of qualified wages per employee) paid by a qualified employer to an employee, for a maximum credit of $2,400 per employee.
- A qualified employer would be defined as an employer primarily engaged in the business of foodservice, lodging, retail, automobile rentals, air transportation, amusement, entertainment, recreation, accommodation for mass gatherings of persons or distribution of travel services.
Provide a Temporary Employee and Self-Employed Payroll Tax Cut
- 工资税的削减会削减雇员和 self-employed shares of Social Security payroll taxes by two percentage points (from 6.2% to 4.2% for employees; and from 12.4% to 10.4% for the self-employed). 社会保障信托基金将通过一个 transfer of general revenue.
- 一项临时的工资税削减被提出 2008年金融危机之后. 工人们每人得到了更多的工资 工资立即通过减少工资税扣缴.
Incentives are needed to decrease the time it takes to achieve recovery in travel spending in the U.S.
- 该计划将创造一种新的税收抵免，以激励国内企业 business and leisure travelers to travel within a specified time frame, similar to what was done through the homebuyer tax credit in the wake of the housing crisis.
- 税收抵免将相当于合格旅行的50% expenses incurred in the U.S. between May 1st and December 31st, 2020年，每个家庭最多可享受2000美元的税收抵免. Qualified travel expenses include any expense over $50 that is incurred while traveling away from home, with language to explicitly reference expenses related to meals, 住宿，娱乐，交通，娱乐或娱乐，商务 meetings or events, and gasoline. 纳税人不允许赊账 receives a refund for the expense within the taxable year or if the taxpayer is a dependent.
Federal Boost in Community Development Block Grants to Promote Healthy Travel
- 提供十亿元弹性社区发展整体资助 (CDBG) funds to assist State and local destination marketing organizations to address economic recovery needs in areas most impacted by a decline in tourism, air service reductions, conference and event cancellations, or fears of the coronavirus.
- CDBG的受助人将利用这些资金进行设计和实施 鼓励低风险旅游的国内旅游促销活动 目的地和健康的旅行习惯.
- 类似条款被纳入经济复苏方案后 9/11，卡特里娜飓风，以及其他灾难.
重振娱乐业 Expense Deduction
贸易展览、会议和小组会议占比超过 25% of all domestic travel, and an ever-increasing number of such events have 由于对冠状病毒的恐惧，已经取消了.
- 恢复娱乐业务费用扣除为两项 年，允许商家扣除普通和必要的费用 business expenses at art and entertainment facilities, if such expenses are 与贸易或商业活动直接相关的. The deduction 在第一年将会是100%的符合条件的开支，而在 second year.
- The 2017 tax bill (P.L. 115-97)取消了扣除额 business expenses at art and entertainment facilities, while still maintaining 商务旅行的餐费扣除额.
我们正在继续探索和提倡所有这些选择以及更多的选择. We welcome the opportunity to visit with you about these proposals and additional ideas you may have. Please contact us.